Starting your Yacht Registration
There are many different options available when deciding where to register a yacht and what type of ownership structure to choose. Amongst the issues that should be considered by any diligent yacht owner are:
- Will the yacht be used for a commercial or private use?
- Where the yacht shall be berthed and what will be its operational area?
- What flag to choose and in which country to register your yacht?
- What paperwork will be required for the registration and if all needed documents are available?
- What government fees and taxes should be paid?
- What will be the best asset protection structure for the ownership of the yacht?
- What are the technical, safety and crewing requirements in the country of registration?
- What is the cost to register the yacht and to maintain registration?
- Do I need marine insurance and what type of insurance to select?
These are only some of the questions which should be considered while deciding where and how to register your yacht. It is always advisable to contact professional advisor who will provide you with the professional advice and will be able to perform all the needed procedures for you.
Contact Us in order to learn how to start.